Wednesday, September 22, 2010

ahead of the game

I do not remember what my last post was about or when it was. However, I can safely assume that since the last post we have checked off majority of the items on our "things to do list".
  • Photographer- DONE
  • Videographer- DONE
  • Florist- DONE
  • Linens- DONE
  • DJ- DONE
  • Bridesmaid dresses- DONE
Cake will be booked in January...maybe as late as February. We have several bakeries in mind but may have narrowed it down to two.

Pros and Cons- Bakery 1
  • Well known in wedding industry
  • Aesthetically beautiful
  • Great quality
  • Taste amazing
  • Expensive
  • Just a cake
Pros and Cons- Bakery 2
  • Different than regular cakes
  • Interesting flavors (fruit offering)
  • Taste amazing
  • Well know in Vietnamese community
  • Cheaper
  • Business not ran well
Yes, I am well aware that we have over ten months until the day...BUT- I am a planner by nature, like to have things done ASAP and am very nit-picky. Do not, for once, think that I am this way because of the wedding. Unfortunately for those that are close to me knows that I am a control freak and micro-managing individual. Just last week I had a dream that I was late to my own wedding because I was too busy making sure that all the vendors did their job and did them to my expectation. I know that will not happen on the actual day because I am such a stickler to time as well.

On another note, early last month I found out that I had a lateral patellar subluxation (fancy term for dislocated kneecap). How did this happen? Maybe it was one of the hundreds of lunges or squats I did earlier in the summer, or it could have been the Zumba class, OR it could just be me goofing around. Whatever the case may be, I am suppose to be doing physical therapy and laying off of the knee- meaning, no running, dancing, jumping, squats, etc...until I get the okay from the doctor. With that said, I have been spinning that last month and this weekend I am re-starting my Zumba class- not to mention, I signed myself up for a 5K in 10 days...and after that I have another run Thanksgiving. I have not loss any weight BUT more importantly, I have not gained.

OH, before I forget, Congratulations to my good friend Anabelle and her fiancé, EJ. Finally engaged! I am so happy for them both and look forward to being there to celebrate their union.




No comments:

Post a Comment